a journey

Dienstag, August 09, 2005

Why ARE Men Happier?

Men Are Just Happier People— What do you expect from such simple creatures?

Your last name stays put.
The garage is all yours.
Wedding plans take care of themselves.
Chocolate is just another snack.
You can be President.
You can never be pregnant.
You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
Car mechanics tell you the truth.
The world is your urinal.
You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky.
You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
Same work, more pay.
Wrinkles add character.
People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
One mood all the time.
Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
You know stuff about tanks.
A five-day holiday requires only one suitcase.
You can open all your own jars.
You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
You almost never have strap problems in public.
You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
Everything on your face stays its original colour.
The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
You only have to shave your face and neck.
You can play with toys all your life.
Your belly usually hides your big hips.
One wallet and one pair of shoes one colour for all seasons.
You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife.
You have freedom of choice concerning growing a moustache.
You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25minutes.

No wonder men are happier.

12 Comments:

  • Oh my word I laughed so hard when I read this. It was great. It made me smile really big. Oh my word it is time for back to school shopping. I think I start scholl in less than 2 weeks. Craziness. I will be taking some classes at the local college for my senior year and I am very much looking forward to it. But I am not exactly happy that the return of school sneaks up on ones self and then attacks them so abruptly, swiftly, and quickly. Ok well I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Xzamp

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 8/10/2005 4:48 AM  

  • Hey, good to hear from you again. It's been a while.
    Talking about school I'm so not looking forward to it. Well I just noticed I have 7 more weeks but can't really enjoy it. First the weather is so bad (like 55°F and it's raining most of the time) and secondly I'm doing an internship right now. A lot of work, no payment. (How great is that???)
    Anyway. Hope you'll have a good first schoolday. The first one is the worst one :o)

    By Blogger Leenda, at 8/11/2005 8:59 AM  

  • Leendalulu, For men happiness is just a state of mind! There are so many things with that list that aren't true. Just think how much happiness carrying a child in your own body creates, hmmm, of course you have to go through so much for 9 months. Maybe it's doch right!! :O) Oh well, I tried. The staring at the chest is also questionable!! ;O)

    By Blogger Smileyneel :O), at 8/11/2005 5:17 PM  

  • Well I would like to know why you are complaining about the weather, because it has been nearly 100°F every day here for the past 2 weeks and we have at least 7 more days of that. It is way to hot, and we have not had any rain at all. Grass, trees and other plants are dying here from lack of water and excess of heat. I would love to trade for your 55°F and rain. You should feel blessed. Haha. So you are doing an internship... that is very interesting. Our church has an intern throughout the year. We have one during the summer and one during the school year. Our summer intern is leaving next week and then we get a new intern. We treat our intern so well it is actually funny. Well your first day of school does not come for a while… that sounds good to me. Ok well I guess I shall talk more later. Have a wonderful day.
    Xzamp

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 8/11/2005 9:04 PM  

  • *rant*

    I have always thought it's unfair that men have to shave only face and neck. If they had to bother with areas of skin the size of legs, plus underarm patches, all in places that aren't easily accessible, they might understand why we women often don't even want to bother de-hairing ourselves!

    */rant*

    Thank you. ;o)

    By Blogger thegermanygirl, at 8/13/2005 11:12 PM  

  • Smileyneel, guess why I wear sports bras most of the time.

    Xzamp, I will send you some sprinkles of rain if you mail me a few sunbeams. Is that a deal?

    Yeah, isn't it hard to be a woman most of the time, Court? *sigh*
    Men are weird. A lot of them even think that women never belch or make a rude smell, neither in public nor in private. And we really never do, don't we? (Let's not ruin men's illusions)

    By Blogger Leenda, at 8/14/2005 12:27 AM  

  • Oh Leenda, you and the sportsbra! That made me laugh outloud, truly!!

    By Blogger Smileyneel :O), at 8/14/2005 2:36 PM  

  • Hey you are really good at sending that rain. It has been raining since yesterday. Everything is soaked... it is wonderful. It's also about 70 degrees outside which is a nice break from the intense heat. Well I hope you get the nice sun.
    Xzamp

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 8/14/2005 8:57 PM  

  • I didn't know about my telepathic qualities until now. What else do you need? :o)

    By Blogger Leenda, at 8/14/2005 10:47 PM  

  • Haha yes your telepathic qualities are quite amazing. Actually what we need now is sleep. I went to bed an hour early last night so that I could really get a good nights sleep but for some reason it was very unrestful. But I am sure I will get a better nights sleep tonight. Than you very much for the rain though. It is still raining today. Wonderfulness.
    Xzamp

    By Anonymous Anonym, at 8/15/2005 5:18 PM  

  • Leenda!
    This was really funny! Now that I'm married, I can see how some of those things are very true. :) Just kidding... it has been great and I think women can be just as happy as men! Can't wait to see you!

    By Blogger April, at 8/25/2005 2:58 PM  

  • April, just wait till you get to the shaving issue. That's the true test of the husband's happiness. Ha ha. ;oP

    By Blogger thegermanygirl, at 8/25/2005 10:04 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home